A high temperature sealant specially engineered for making or dressing gaskets in rigid assemblies. Able to withstand temperatures to 400°F (204°C), fills gaps up to 0.020” (primed) and permits clamping loads to be maintained for strong, leakproof assemblies.
1. Surfaces to be sealed should be free of grease, oil, and dirt. Use Permatex Brake and Parts Cleaner to remove oil. Use Permatex Gasket Remover to remove old gaskets.
2. Apply manually to one side of flange, making sure a continuous bead is applied.
3. Reassemble parts. Flanges should be tightened as soon as possible after assembly to avoid shimming.
4. Torque to normal specifications.
5. Parts may be returned to service in one hour.
1. Wipe off excess material with a clean cloth.
2. Clean hands with Permatex Fast Orange® hand cleaner or soap and water.
1. For smaller assembled parts, heat part to 400F to 450F.
2. Use cautious, light prying or tapping motion to loosen the parts. Repeat heating/prying sequence as needed.
3. For larger assembled parts use prying/cleaving tools in combination with a light hammer and cautiously tap and pry the sides of the part to break the gasket surfaces loose.
4. Once parts are disassembled, allow all surfaces to cool to room temperature.
5. Use Permatex Gasket Remover to remove dried anaerobic material.
|Base oil viscosity|
|Flash point (IP34)||>200 °F|
|Effective temperature range||8°C and 28°C (46°F and 82°F)|
|Solidification point (of the base fluid)|
|Coefficient of friction (steel on steel, steady state)|
© Copyright by unadxb.com