OEM specified. Noncorrosive gasketing material designed primarily for use on aluminum, iron, and steel flanged mating surfaces. Ideal for on-the-spot and emergency repairs, or when a conventional gasket is unavailable. Fills gaps up to .015" and cures to a solvent-resistant seal that will not tear or decay during service. Parts disassemble easily even after extended service. Old gasket material can be removed in minutes with a simple putty knife.
1. Surfaces to be sealed should be free of grease, oil, and dirt. Use Permatex! Brake and Parts Cleaner to remove oil. Use Permatex! Gasket Remover to remove old gaskets.
2. Apply manually to one side of the flange, making sure a continuous bead is applied.
3. Assemble parts.
4. Torque to normal specifications.
5. Parts may be returned to service in one hour.
1. Wipe off excess material with a clean cloth.
2. Clean hands with Permatex! Fast Orange® hand cleaner or soap and water.
1. For smaller assembled parts, heat part to 400°F to 450°F.
2. Use cautious, light prying or tapping motion to loosen the parts. Repeat heating/prying sequence as needed.
3. For larger assembled parts use prying/cleaving tools in combination with a light hammer and cautiously tap and pry the sides of the part to break the gasketed surfaces loose.
4. Once parts are disassembled, allow all surfaces to cool to room temperature.
5. Use Permatex! Gasket Remover to remove dried anaerobic material.
|Base oil viscosity|
|Flash point (IP34)||>200 °F|
|Effective temperature range||8°C to 28°C (46°F to 82°F)|
|Solidification point (of the base fluid)|
|Coefficient of friction (steel on steel, steady state)|
© Copyright by unadxb.com