UNA General Trading, Block C, Ajman Free Zone, 13th Floor Office # 1300978
DOWSIL™ General Purpose Silicone Sealant is a one-part, acetoxy cure silicone sealant for general purpose applications. It provides a flexible bond and will not harden or crack. DOWSIL General Purpose Silicone Sealant is a high-performance sealant, with ±25% movement capability when properly applied. DOWSIL General Purpose Silicone Sealant (clear and white) meet the requirements of:
• FDA Regulation 21 CFR 177.2600
• Cures to 100% silicone rubber
• Resistant to sunlight and weather extremes
• Fast cure, high strength
• Clear and white formulations meet the requirements of FDA Regulation 21 CFR 177.2600
• Remains flexible; will not become brittle, crack, shrink or chalk
• Bonds to many common substrates
• Supplied is removable, reusable, resealable nozzle that saves time and sealant
1. Refer to product packaging for use-by date.
2. Temperature. Apply sealant at temperatures between -20 and 122°F (-29 and 50°C) for best results.
3. Prepare surface. Cut out and remove all old caulk for repair applications.
4. Clean, Two-Step. First, apply solvent to a lint-free cloth and vigorously wipe bonding surfaces to remove dirt and residues. Next, use a dry wipe to remove remaining solvent and residue for optimum cleaning. Repeat if necessary. Surfaces must be clean, dry, oil- and frost-free for best results. (Recommended solvents include isopropyl alcohol, toluene, xylene, naphtha or similar solvent.) Always wear gloves and follow safety precautions and directions on solvent container. DO NOT USE gasoline or kerosene.
5. Install. Install back-up spacing material for better filling, especially if the width exceeds 1/2" to maximize bonding results. Open-cell polyethylene foam backer rod can be used.
6. Mask. Apply masking tape to areas adjacent to the joint to ensure straight bead lines and easy cleanup. Remove masking tape immediately after the bead is completed and before a skin forms.
7. Open cartridge. Cut snub nose above threads, reattach and cut nozzle to desired size. Insert into a caulking gun.
8. Apply. Extrude sealant with a smooth, steady motion, and ensure complete fill of joint cavity before proceeding.
9. Tool. Tool the sealant immediately after application and before a skin forms. Remove masking immediately after tooling.
10. Replace cartridge cap. See “Usable Life and Storage” instructions. Cleanup Instructions
1. Cleanup should start immediately after sealant has been applied/ tooled and masking tape has been removed.
2. While wearing solvent-resistant gloves, wipe off excess sealant from surfaces and tools with a solvent- moistened cloth within 10 minutes of application.
3. If excess sealant is completely cured, carefully cut or scrape away.
4. Avoid contact of uncured sealant with skin and clothing. If contact does occur, wipe with clean rags and wash with water.
Prefer speaking with a human to filling out a form? call us and we will connect you with a team member who can help.
© Copyright by unadxb.com